Go North: Work for Dutch Media Composers in the Nordics
Thursday, May 6, 2021
With record-producers and writers such as Max Martin dominating the charts and film composers Jóhann Jóhannsson and Hildur Guðnadóttir esteemed for their work in Hollywood, the Nordics hold a certain prestige when it comes to musical tradition. But what opportunities are there for Dutch media composers and artists with our northern neighbours?
Buma Music in Motion presents Go North: Work for Dutch Media Composers in the Nordics. We welcome Norwegian music supervisor Silje Katralen, Danish Music Supervisor Nis Bøgvad, Christian Fløe Svenningsen from Denmark’s GL Music Entertainment and Corka Scheeringa from The Netherlands Enterprise Agency, who will help media composers and artists navigate this region's film, television,and advertising markets. In particular we will explore existing and possible collaborations with European composers and Scandinavian filmmakers, discuss trending sync and original music in media, and briefly touch on how the Nordic media industry is responding to COVID. We’ll also dive into what working in Scandinavia means, the do’s and don’ts of doing business there and the subtle differences between the countries and cultures.
- Nis Bøgvad (Music Supervisor & Founder, Copenhagen Film Music, DK)
- Silje Katralen (Senior Music Supervisor, Ohlogy, NO)
- Corka Scheeringa (Business Development Coach Nordics, Netherlands Enterprise Agency RVO, NL)
- Christian Fløe Svenningsen (Publishing Director & Partner, GL Music, DK)
- Laura Bell (Music Supervisor Film/Series, NL)